I came across this recipe while browsing Pinterest, and since I am a caramel lover, I knew I had to try it. It was SO easy to make - maybe a little too easy. We dipped some slices of Granny Smith apples in it, and it was divine! I'm already envisioning all the other yummy things we can use it on - over ice cream, drizzled on some chocolate pound cake, and so on. I think it would also be terrific to make this, then transfer it to a fondue pot or mini crockpot and dip all sorts of fruit and cake in it like you would with a chocolate fondue. Last great idea - make it to give as a gift for friends, teachers or neighbors accompanied with some apples or a pound cake. Try it out - I think you'll agree with me that it is irresistible!
I will include the recipe below, so that you don't have to do a bunch of clicking around to find it, but I want to give credit to the original owner of the recipe, so here is the link to her recipe if you prefer. The pic above is from her site, and she has more pics included.
IRRESISTABLE HONEY CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Stick Butter (1/2 Cup)
- 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Stirring constantly, mix together Butter, Honey and Brown Sugar in a sauce pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil for 2 minutes and continue constantly stirring so as not to let anything burn on the bottom of the sauce pan.
- Add can of condensed milk and continue stirring over heat until it is thoroughly mixed in.
- Sauce will thicken as it cools and can be served right away or stored in the refrigerator and reheated later.