Monday, July 8, 2013

Cold Brewed Iced Coffee

Coffee... that dark delight.  I love coffee.  I can't get going in the morning until I have my coffee.  And sometimes a cup of coffee in the afternoon is just the thing to give me a jump start.  But on a summer dau, I don't want a hot beverage.  That's when an iced coffee is just the thing.  However an iced coffee from the coffeehouse can get pricey - and who wants to go out in the heat to get a drink?  So that is why I have learned to make my own cold brewed iced coffee!

Cold Brewed Iced Coffee

Start with a glass jar with a lid, ground coffee, and water.  I used a flavored coffee for mine.

Measure out ground coffee into the glass jar.  How much you use will depend on how strong you like your coffee.  I used a half cup.

Add cold water to fill.  Seal jar with lid.  Shake slightly.  Allow to refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
Drain liquid through a strainer lined with a coffee filter.
At this point, you can use the coffee right away.  Or it will keep in the fridge for several days.
To mix an ice coffee: Pour cold brewed coffee over ice to fill your glass 1/2 to 2/3 full.  Add milk/creamer/half and half to fill glass.  Add sweetener to taste.  Stir and enjoy!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...