Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Flavorful Grilled Halibut and New Red Potatoes

I like to have fish at least once a week for so many reasons; fish makes me feel healthier, it's a nice change of pace from chicken and beef, and it just tastes yummy! It took me a while to convince my husband that not all fish tastes fishy. He despised fish and didn't want to give it a try. I finally convinced him to sample different ones and he now likes to try new recipes. Coincidently enough, he is often the one looking for the fish in season at Costco. He loved this recipe and said it was "a winner" and it's a winner in my book too, not only for the taste, but for the ease. For anyone that doesn't like fish, give this a try, your mind just might be changed!

Ingredients:
2 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoon dried basil
2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon parsley
2 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
2 (6 ounce) filets halibut (or 1 - 12 ounce filet)
Approximately 6 new red potatoes, washed and sliced



Directions:
In a glass bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, parsley, and oregano.



Place the halibut filets and in a resealable bag, and pour half the marinade over the fish.



Seal and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally. Put the potatoes in a foil packet and pour the other half of the marinade on top.  



I like to prepare the marinade when I get a spare minute during the day and marinate the fish and potatoes the rest of the day before grilling. Oil the grill grate and place the filet on the preheated grill. Discard the marinade. Grill filets 5 minutes per side or until flakes easily with a fork.





Let me know what you think. My guess is that you won't be disappointed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...