Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes

I love scalloped potatoes but the box versions always seem a little gummy to me. I have never tried the homemade version but when I saw this crockpot version I knew I had to give it a try and I'm so glad I did. These go great with pork chops and are absolutely YUMMY!!

 Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes


Serves 6

Ingredients:
2 pounds potatoes (about 6 medium)
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 can Cream of (YOUR CHOICE) Soup
1/4 cup flour
4 slices American Cheese



Peel and thinly slice your potatoes. Toss slices in the water and cream of tartar. Drain. Spray your crockpot with cooking spray. Put half of the sliced potatoes in and top with half of the onion slices. Sprinkle with 1/8 cup of the flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add remaining sliced potatoes and onions. Sprinkle with remaining flour and salt and pepper. Disperse the butter in chunks over the top and then cover with undiluted soup. Cover and cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours (High: 3 to 4 hours). Add cheese slices 30 minutes before serving. Give your potatoes a few quick turns and serve!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...