Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lasagna Casserole

Yes, I know my sis just posted a lasagna recipe recently, but here's another variation! I mean, who doesn't love lasagna? and who doesn't love a quick, easy meal? These recipes combine both, so give them both a try! The original recipe for this "casserole" added meat and onions to the sauce layer, but since I have a vegetarian in the house and the majority of my family does not care for onions, I made it without, and it was still delicious! This recipe can also be made in advance and frozen or refrigerated until ready to bake and serve. Next time, I think I might make a double batch, serve one right away, and freeze the other for later.



Ingredients:
  • 16oz box rotini pasta
  • 6 cups pasta sauce (your favorite jarred sauce or homemade recipe)
  • 2 cups ricotta cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
  1. Boil pasta according to directions on package.
  2. Combine ricotta cheese, 2 eggs and 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella.
  3. Pour 1/3 of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
  4. Layer 1/2 of the rotini on top of the sauce.
  5. Spread 1/2 of ricotta mixture over the pasta layer.
  6. Repeat steps 3-5.
  7. Top with remaining 1/3 of pasta sauce and 1/2 cup shredded mozarella.
  8. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...