Monday, September 30, 2013

Simple and Yummy Fruit Smoothies

I have been making these smoothies for a long time as an easy and delicious sweet treat, but it occurred to me that I've never shared the recipe. My kids love them, and they are SO easy! I recently switched from using regular yogurt to greek yogurt to add a little extra protein. I'm always looking for ways to make sure the vegetarian in the house is getting all her protein and vitamins, and while there is still plenty of sugary sweetness in this treat, it is mostly from the natural fruit and fruit juice sugars, so I feel a little better about than rather than processed sugars.



Ingredients:

  • 1 Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
  • 1 2/3 Cup No Sugar Added Frozen Fruit (my fav is Dole diced pineapple and mango or peach)
  • 1/3 Cup 100% Fruit Juice (I like either apple, grape or pineapple)

Directions:

  1. Add all ingredients to the blender and push the button...voila! SO EASY!
  2. You can add extra juice if you prefer a thinner smoothie or more fruit if you prefer an even thicker version. 

1 comment:

  1. Gotta try this! I'm getting ready to try a sweet potato smoothie. If it's good I'll share!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...